Welcome to the new-look Race League 2019!
The next league race is…. Pendock Spring Chicken (10k), Sunday 24 March link to event website
After careful consideration, the PPP committee has decided to re-vamp the race league for 2019. Results will no longer be based on age-grading. Instead, there will be a first-past the post system, with overall Female and Male leagues, and also female and male age-category leagues as follows:
Senior (up to 34), 35-44, 45-54, 55-64, 65+
To avoid people changing age categories mid-year, Age Categories are based on age as at 1st January 2019.
As before, you can run as many events as you want, and your highest scoring 6 races will count towards the race league. Bonus points are also awarded, (see Race League Rules below).
A trophy will be awarded for the male and female with the most overall points at the end of the year, and also trophies for Age Category Winners (although overall winners cannot also win an age category prize).
Please note the Race League rules set out below.
The league races for 2019 are as follows:
Many of these races are getting increasingly popular, so we do strongly recommend you book up as soon as you can to avoid disappointment. Some of the races are taking entries already and where available, links to event websites are provided below.
- COMPLETED Worcester parkrun (5k), Worcester Woods Country Park (aka Countryside Centre), Sat 19 January 2019 link to event website
- Pendock Spring Chicken (10k), Sun 24 Mar link to event website
- Scenic Six (10k), Sun 07 Apr link to event website
- Cheer 5 (5.2 miles), Cob House, Monday after Easter link to event website
- Crowle 10k, Sun 12 May link to event website
- Cleeve Cloud Cuckoo (5 miles-ish), early June (Wednesday) link to event website
- Malvern Joggers 10k, Wed 12 Jun link to event website
- Bredon Bash (5.8m), late June (midweek) link to event website
- Evesham Town 10k, early July link to event website
- Worcester City 10k or Worcester City Half Marathon, Mid Sept link to event website
- Cricklade 10k or Cricklade Half Marathon, early Oct link to event website
- Evesham Christmas 10k, mid Dec link to event website
Links to previous years’ final league tables can be found here:
Race League Rules:
1. Points are allocated to each club member who completes a race league event. For your result to count towards the league, you must be a club member on the date of the event, and enter for the event as representing the Pershore Plum Plodders.
(Worth also noting please that to register for any official race – not just league events – as a Pershore Plum Plodder you must be a bona fide member of the club).
2. There will be male and female overall leagues and a maximum of 30 points will be awarded to both males and females. Points are awarded based on finishing position with the first runner home earning 30 points, second earning 29 points etc.
3. Your points from up to 6 of the races will count – you could choose the races in advance and only do those, or you could do all 12 in which case your best 6 results will be counted.
4. At the end of the year, the points will be added up and a trophy will be awarded to the male and female with the most points. Trophies will also be awarded to age category winners.
5. Bonus points will be awarded as follows:
- Marshalling or helping at a PPP league race (to be notified by messaging to Mike Wilson within 2 hours of race finish time): 5 bonus points
- Marshalling or helping at the Plum 10k Race in August: 20 bonus points
- Playing a joker (to be notified by messaging to Mike Wilson anytime before the start of the race concerned): double points for that race
We hope you like the selection of races for 2019. Let us know if you have any comments or suggestions for future years.
The Committee hope that this will encourage everyone, from new runners to experienced marathoners to have a go, enjoy the sport and keep up the fantastic Plum spirit we have in the club.
We look forward to a sea of purple at all the races!