Welcome to the Race League 2017!
2017 latest league tables: PPP 2017 Race League after race 12
The next leage race is…. Evesham Festive 10k, Sunday December 17th: link to event website
As last year, in 2017 there are 12 races to choose from to give everyone plenty of opportunity to take part. You can run as many events as you want, and as last year your highest scoring 6 races will count towards the race league. The races will be age graded and a trophy will be awarded for the male and female with the most points at the end of the year. Bonus points are also awarded, see below.
As many of these races are getting increasingly popular we do strongly recommend you book up as soon as you can to avoid disappointment. Some of the races are taking entries already and where available, links are below.
Reminders will be published on the PPP Facebook page in advance of each event.
The 2017 races are:
1. COMPLETED – Worcester parkrun 5k, Worcester Woods Country Park (aka Countryside Centre), Saturday 28th January
2. COMPLETED – Pendock Spring Chicken 10k, Sunday March 26th
3. COMPLETED – Cheer 5 (5 miles), Cob House, Monday April 17th
4. COMPLETED – Scenic Six (10k), Peopleton, Sunday April 23rd
5. COMPLETED – Crowle 10k, Sunday May 7th
6. COMPLETED – Malvern Joggers 10k, Wednesday June 14th
7. COMPLETED – Bredon Bash (6 miles-ish), Thursday June 22nd
8. COMPLETED – Evesham Town 10k, Sunday July 9th
9. COMPLETED – Stratford’s Big 10k, Sunday September 10th
10. COMPLETED – Worcester City 10k, Sunday September 17th
11. COMPLETED – Cricklade 10k or Half Marathon, Sunday October 1st
12. Evesham Festive 10k, Sunday December 17th: link to event website
Links to previous years’ final league tables can be found here:
Race League Rules:
1. Points are allocated to each club member who completes a race league event. For your result to count towards the league, you must be a club member on the date of the event. (Worth also noting please that to register for any race – not just league events – as a Pershore Plum Plodder you must be a bona fide member of the club).
2. There will be a male and female league and a maximum of 30 points will be awarded to both males and females. Points are awarded based on age grading, so the female Plum with the highest age grading in that race earns 30 points, the second highest age grading earns 29 points etc, and the same with the male league.
3. Points from 6 of the races will count – you could choose 6 in advance and only do those, or you could do all 12 in which case your best 6 results will be counted.
4. At the end of the year, the points will be added up and a trophy will be awarded to the male and female with the most points based on age grading
To make it more of an even playing field, points will be awarded based on age grading rather than actual positions in the race.
Bonus points will be awarded again for the following criteria:
– Marshalling at a PPP league race (to be notified by messaging to Mike Wilson within 2 hours of race finish time): 5 bonus points
– Marshalling or helping at the Plum 10k Race in August: 20 bonus points
– Playing a joker (to be notified by messaging to Mike Wilson anytime before the day of the race concerned): double points for that race
We hope you like the selection of races for 2017. Let us know if you have any comments or suggestions for future years.
The Committee hope that this will encourage everyone, from new runners to experienced marathoners to have a go, enjoy the sport and keep up the fantastic Plum spirit we have in the club. We look forward to a sea of purple at all the races!