Welcome to the Race League 2018!
2018 latest league tables: PPP 2018 Race League after race 1
The next league race is…. Pendock Spring Chicken 10k, Sunday March 25th: Link to event website
As last year, in 2018 there are 12 races to choose from to give everyone plenty of opportunity to take part. This time around, there are three events with a choice of distances.
You can run as many events as you want, and your highest scoring 6 races will count towards the race league. The races will be age graded and a trophy will be awarded for the male and female with the most points at the end of the year. Bonus points are also awarded, see below.
Many of these races are getting increasingly popular, so we do strongly recommend you book up as soon as you can to avoid disappointment. Some of the races are taking entries already and where available, links are below.
Please note the Race League rules set out below.
The 2018 races are:
1. COMPLETED – Worcester parkrun 5k, Worcester Woods Country Park (aka Countryside Centre), Saturday 20th January
2. Pendock Spring Chicken 10k, Sunday March 25th Link to event website
3. Cheer 5 (5 miles), Cob House, Monday April 2nd Link to event website
4. Scenic Six (10k), Peopleton, Sunday April 22nd Link to event website
5. Crowle 10k, Sunday May 13th Link to event website
6. Malvern Joggers 10k, Wednesday June 13th Link to event website
7. Bredon Bash (6 miles-ish), Date TBC Link to event website
8. Evesham Town 10k, Sunday July 15th Link to event website
9. Norton Community Trust Run 5k or 10k, Date TBC Link to event website
10. Worcester City 10k or Half Marathon, Sunday September 16th Link to event website
11. Cricklade 10k or Half Marathon, Sunday 7th October Link to event website
12. Evesham Festive 10k, Date TBC: Link to event website
Links to previous years’ final league tables can be found here:
Race League Rules:
1. Points are allocated to each club member who completes a race league event. For your result to count towards the league, you must be a club member on the date of the event, and enter for the event as representing the Pershore Plum Plodders.
(Worth also noting please that to register for any race – not just league events – as a Pershore Plum Plodder you must be a bona fide member of the club).
2. There will be a male and female league and a maximum of 30 points will be awarded to both males and females. Points are awarded based on age grading, so the female Plum with the highest age grading in that race earns 30 points, the second highest age grading earns 29 points etc, and the same with the male league.
3. Points from 6 of the races will count – you could choose 6 in advance and only do those, or you could do all 12 in which case your best 6 results will be counted.
4. At the end of the year, the points will be added up and a trophy will be awarded to the male and female with the most points based on age grading
To make it more of an even playing field, points will be awarded based on age grading rather than actual positions in the race.
Bonus points will be awarded for the following criteria:
– Marshalling at a PPP league race (to be notified by messaging to Mike Wilson within 2 hours of race finish time): 5 bonus points
– Marshalling or helping at the Plum 10k Race in August: 20 bonus points
– Playing a joker (to be notified by messaging to Mike Wilson anytime before the start of the race concerned): double points for that race
We hope you like the selection of races for 2018. Let us know if you have any comments or suggestions for future years.
The Committee hope that this will encourage everyone, from new runners to experienced marathoners to have a go, enjoy the sport and keep up the fantastic Plum spirit we have in the club. We look forward to a sea of purple at all the races!