Pershore Plum Plodders (PPP) is an affiliated England Athletics running club which meets in Pershore, Worcestershire
What data we will collect:
In becoming a member of PPP, PPP will collect certain information about you which will include your name, date of birth, gender, England Athletic unique reference number (URN) number, email address, address, telephone number, names of the EA affiliated clubs that you are a member of and details of any coaching or officiating licenses you hold (Athletics Data). Your details will be passed to England Athletics by PPP for for them to be able to register you as an athlete. You may also choose to provide England Athletics with other information on your online user profile (MyAthletics), for example emergency contact details.
Why we will collect it:
We will collect and process your Athletics Data for the purposes of registering you as a member of PPP and administering your involvement in the club. We will process it on the basis of legitimate interests. The legitimate interests are the interests of registering you as a member and to administer the sport.
Uses of your data:
- Registration with England Athletics
- Training & competition entry such as coaches and volunteers to administer training sessions, sharing data with club committee members to enter events, sharing data with leagues and county associations and other competition providers for entry in to events.
- Funding and reporting: anonymised data shared with funding partners e.g. local authority, anonymised data to analyse club trends.
- Membership and club management: processing of membership and payments, share data with committee members to provide information about club activities, membership renewals or invitation to social events, publishing of race & competition results, website management
- Communications: disseminating club news, AGM invites, sending out information about club kit and fundraising
How long we will keep it:
We will retain your Athletics Data for such time as you are an athlete registered with us and will then delete your information on a staged basis as follows:
- Social media and email details – removed after one year of membership lapsing
- Paper applications- confidentially destroyed after two years of membership lapsing
You have the following rights under data protection legislation:
- to access a copy of the information comprised in your personal data;
- to object to processing of your personal data that is likely to cause or is causing damage or distress;
- to prevent processing for direct marketing;
- to object to decisions being taken by automated means;
- in certain circumstances, to have inaccurate personal data rectified, blocked, erased or destroyed
- to claim compensation for damages caused by a breach of data protection legislation.
Sharing your data:
We may share your Athletics Data with athletics partners such as UK Athletics, other Home Country Athletics Organisations, selected members of the National Council, Regional Councils, County Athletics Association and / or Area Athletics Association and third- party data managers that we appoint as data processors as part of administering your involvement in sport. We will not transfer your data to any other third parties without obtaining your consent and, where possible, will anonymise your data before sharing. We will also not share any other personal data you provide to us that is not Athletics Data.
- The England athletics online portal forms the main data repository for athletics information for the club. Passwords for this are known to the PPP club secretary and PPP membership secretary only.
- An England athletics downloaded password protected electronic spread sheet will be used as a backup in case of England athletics portal failure, electronic copies of applications forms will not be retained. This backup will not be stored on a personal home computer, but in a secure cloud environment.
- Email contact will be made from club email addresses. Bcc will be used for global club communications to preserve confidentiality of individual members’ email addresses.
- Club email addresses are held by the following members of the Committee; Chairman, Secretary, Membership Secretary, Marketing and Communications Officer……Passwords for these accounts are only known to the associated Committee member.
If you have any concerns or complaints in relation to how Pershore Plum Plodders collects and / or processes your personal data, you should contact PPP Club Secretary, by email (firstname.lastname@example.org) in the first instance. If you are dissatisfied with how your concern / complaint is dealt with by PPP, you have the right to report your concern/complaint to the Information Commissioners Office (www.ico.org.uk).