Pershore Plum Plodders
VMLM Club Ballot Information
Athletics clubs associated with UK Athletics (UKA) can apply for club entries into the Virgin Money London Marathon. The number of entries allocated to each club, is based upon the number of “first” claim UKA registered members that each club has registered. It is likely (although not guaranteed) that we will get 1 single place based upon the number of EA affiliated members.
To qualify for a club place you must have met the following criteria at the time of the ballot (club ballot will be drawn in December 2018):
- Been a fully paid up member of the Pershore Plum Plodders for at least 1 year
- Be a fully renewed paid up member of both Pershore Plum Plodders Running Club and England Athletics by midnight on 30th April 2018
- Be an UK Athletics member (for those who run with more than one club, you must be first claim club for Pershore Plum Plodders)
- Participated in races, including parkrun (wearing a club vest)
- Have not won the PPP ballot place for the previous year (2017)
- Have entered and been rejected from the public ballot (letter or email of proof of rejection required) for 2018 (this is to be emailed to email@example.com).
- Are not eligible for a ‘Good For Age’ entry, which can be guaranteed directly with the VLM organisers
- Be an active participant in the club and contribute in some way to the running of the club (e.g. helping the committee, volunteering at our PPP 10k race, helping out with beginners, regularly attending sessions, supporting roles, race reports etc)
Members must also agree to the following in advance of winning a ballot place:
- Pay the VLM entry fee
- Continue to be an active participant in the club, especially the longer Sunday runs throughout the period leading up to race day
- Write a short news article or blog for the club website or Facebook during the marathon training and once after the race
- Wear a Pershore Plum Plodders vest with pride on the London Marathon race day!!!
PERSHORE PLUM PLODDERS CLUB BALLOT ENTRY FOR VMLM 2019 CLOSES AT midnight on 28st October 2018
You will receive an accepted or rejected magazine via the post or an e-zine email in early October to confirm whether you have been successful or not in the public ballot, so keep your letter and hand it to Suzanne Price before the 28st October or email it to firstname.lastname@example.org by the 28st !
Congratulation to our 2018 ballot winner – Ian Hannis
Congratulations Joy on completing the London Marathon we look forward to seeing your finishers photo!
Congratulation to our 2017 ballot winner – Joy Salt
Congratulations Joy on completing the London Marathon.
Congratulation to our 2016 ballot winner – Suzanne Price
Finishers photo for the 2016 VMLM