Members etiquette – Running with the club has many benefits, but also brings some responsibility – not only towards your fellow members, but to safeguard the reputation of The Pershore Plum Plodders and the sport of running in general.
We hope that members will adopt the following guidelines, at least during club organised sessions, to help us maintain a responsible and considerate environment for everyone:
- BE VISIBLE: When running in the dark wear bright, highly visible, and preferably reflective, clothing
- KNOW WHERE YOU’RE GOING: Where possible, make yourself aware of the route from our website or check with the Session Leader beforehand
- STAY SAFE: Run on the pavements rather than the roads. Always stop and look before crossing roads. If running on the road is unavoidable, face oncoming traffic and run single file. Those at the front of the group should shout a car/bike/obstacle warning to those behind
- BE COURTEOUS: Avoid running more than two abreast and be aware of other road/pavement users, especially pedestrians and cyclists. Say “thank you” to those who give way to you
- LOOK AFTER EACH OTHER: Take responsibility for the welfare and safety of your club mates, not just yourself. Ensure that no-one is left behind, gets lost, or becomes isolated. Check that those behind you are in sight and ok
- DON’T DISAPPEAR: If leaving the group before the end of the session, ensure that other people (and preferably the Session Leader) are aware of this
- LISTEN: Headphones/MP3/i-pods etc. are not permitted during any club session, including track
- CONSIDER MOBILES & ID: In an emergency situation, you will be grateful for them. Carry ID (name, address, emergency contact, medical condition info) and a mobile holding another member’s telephone number (preferably the Session Leader’s) and ICE. Especially important for Session Leaders and backmarkers.
- BACKMARKING: If it’s your turn please turn up or arrange for someone else to take your place. Ensure you know the route in advance and who the Session Leader is. Preferably carry a mobile (see above). Run at the back of your allocated group with the last runner
- BE HEALTHY: Do not run if you feel unwell, unfit or are injured. Any accidents or injuries that occur during a club session should be reported to the Session Leader as soon as possible after the incident